Now that the mobile web is upon us, I have been wondering about making my various web presences more friendly for users of that platform and my interest has been piqued especially by the recent addition of such capability to WordPress.com. With that in mind, I grabbed the WordPress Mobile Edition plugin and set it to work, both on this blog and my outdoors one. Well, the results certainly seem to gain a seal of approval from mobiReady so that’s promising. It comes with a version of the Carrington Mobile theme but you need to pop that into the themes directory on your web server yourself for WordPress’ plugin installation routines won’t do that for you. It could be interesting to see how things go from here and the idea of creating my own theme while using the plugin for redirection honours sounds like a way forward;I have found the place where I can make any changes as needed. Home made variants of the methodology may find a use with my photo gallery and Textpattern sub-sites.
- Making pages of new documents look right in LibreOffice Writer on wide screens
- Carrying out a hard reset of a home KVM switch
- Trying out a new way to upgrade Linux Mint in situ while going from 17.3 to 18.1
- Adding GNOME 3 to Linux Mint 11
- /sbin/mount.vboxsf: mounting failed with the error: Protocol error
- Finding the number of observations in a SAS dataset