I tried starting up Oracle’s SQL Developer last night so that I could add a listing if my hillwalking blog posts to my website’s site map with a spot of PHP scripting. However, all that I got was something like that which you see below:
I must confess that this one threw me. The solution, though hard to find (they often are, even with the abilities of Google) was to use a batch file called sqldeveloper.bat than you can find in the [installation directory]\sqldeveloper\bin directory. It does start the thing when all else seems to fail and got me up and running again. I did get that blog post listing added to the site map after all; Having more visibility of the MySQL tables was a definite plus point.